It is recommended that room parents follow these steps in planning for all classroom parties:
- Liaison will meet with the teacher to plan what they would like for the party. Liaison will meet with their fellow room parents and plan the party. Then they will submit the party outline to the teacher for approval.
- Classroom teachers are directly responsible, per the district, for all party arrangements – just as the teachers have direct liability and responsibility for all school-related functions. As such, a cooperative working agreement regarding party arrangements for the year must be maintained and developed early in the year between the classroom teacher and the room parents.
- Check for food allergies in your classroom. This is very important...we do have children at Barnsdale who are seriously allergic to certain foods.
- Please consult with your teacher with regard to how many parent volunteers are allowed at each party.
- Insure that all parents are aware that, due to safety concerns, pre-school children are not allowed to attend the classroom parties.
- Don’t forget to have someone take pictures. Forward copies of all pictures to the yearbook coordinators.